Hey there! This week, we've got a bonus for you.
Rather than a regular episode of the podcast, we're sharing a presentation from the Unemployable Initiative, our paid community. The topic is search engine optimization, and the guest is Brian Dean, founder of Backlinko.
He begins by giving you a few of the most important high-level things that everyone needs to realize about SEO — including the enduring power of keyword optimization and some smart tips for how to discover search intent.
Then we cover a wide range of topics after that, including how artificial intelligence will impact SEO moving forward, how to think about SEO when you're focusing on a curated email newsletter, tactical advice on how to structure content in WordPress, and much more.
Down below, we've got resources for knowing when it's time to change course, the scoop on virtual events as a long-term component of your business, the beauty of retainer agreements, and more. Have a great week!
Keep going –
P.S. In addition to the library of educational content, the accountability groups, and the valuable relationships in the Unemployable Initiative, we're just about to kick off a 4-week workshop on strategic email marketing. Now is an excellent time to join!
Email marketing is at the heart of every 7-figure small business. Now you can get started for free with ConvertKit, our choice for intuitive and powerful email marketing software. Get your free account here.
unemployable: curated by kat
How to Know When It's Time to Change Course | Fast Company
– Coming to the realization that it may be time to make a change — whether in your business or in your personal life — can be a difficult pill to swallow. It's tough to face the music, but that's how we grow.
Do Virtual Conferences Have a Future Post-Pandemic? | Small Business Trends
– Virtual events have been popping up all over in response to the coronavirus. But what will the future hold for this conference format? On one hand, they're much more cost-effective for companies versus an in-person event. But will people's craving for socialization off-screen run these out of existence once it's safe to congregate in large groups again?
5 Strategies For Landing Clients in a Crisis | Freelancers Union
– If you're experiencing a lull in work right now, give these five strategies a try to boost your client load. You may find your next client in the most unexpected way, and adopt some savvy new lead gen ideas while you're at it.
Why You Should Be Using Retainers In Your Freelance Business | Freelance Hustle
– Not sure if retainers will work for your freelance business? They likely will, and here's some great guidance. Done correctly, retainer agreements allow you to predict your monthly income and workload while having regular awesome clients month after month.
– Here's a fascinating application of augmented reality (AR). It can literally take a photo of a plant, person, cat, or whatever on your phone and drop that object right onto your canvas in Photoshop on your main computer.
Let me know what you think about this week’s roundup on Twitter or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also, be sure to tune in to the latest episode of the 7-Figure Small podcast!
Please Rate/Review 7-Figure Small on Apple Podcasts, and share the Unemployable newsletter with a friend or colleague … thank you!