Brian Clark is a writer, traveler, and serial entrepreneur. He’s the founder of the pioneering content marketing website Copyblogger, the personal growth newsletter Further, and Unemployable, a resource that provides smart strategies for freelancers and entrepreneurs.
Brian has started 10 businesses in the last 20 years, either solo or as a co-founder. The first one failed, but every company since has yielded higher revenue, profits, and happiness.
Clark began publishing online in 1998, and by 1999 he had his first entrepreneurial success thanks to an understanding of the emerging commercial internet. He went on to launch two additional successful businesses using purely online marketing and digital infrastructure, attaining even greater success.
In January of 2006, Brian started a one-man website called Copyblogger, which quickly evolved into an influential digital trade magazine for the content marketing industry. Both the Guardian and Advertising Age have recognized Copyblogger as one of the most powerful and influential blogs in the world.
The multi-product company made possible by Copyblogger never took venture capital and made it to eight figures in annual revenue and high profit margins without advertising. It’s been the dedicated service to the Copyblogger audience that has been the catalyst for the multimillion dollar tools, training, and service company he heads as CEO. In June of 2018, Clark engineered the sale of the company’s StudioPress division to WP Engine.
This success, plus Brian’s early adoption of online content to fuel startup companies in the late 1990s, makes him a recognized pioneer of the now $44 billion content marketing industry. You can read more about his history and business philosophy at Forbes.
Brian has been featured in some great business books:
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Free Agent Nation by Daniel Pink
- Killing Marketing by Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
- Content Inc. by Joe Pulizzi
- Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
- Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi
- The Lean Entrepreneur by Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits
- Hack the Entrepreneur by Jon Nastor
- Brainfluence by Roger Dooley
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- The Education of Millionaires by Michael Ellsberg
- Problogger by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
- e-Riches 2.0 by Scott Fox
- Gravitational Marketing by Jimmy Vee and Travis Miller
- Career Renegade by Jonathan Fields
- The Referral Engine by John Jantsch
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
- Repped: 30 Days To a Better Online Reputation by Andy Beal
You can get in touch with Brian here.